Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"Never waste your money on a new dress, for a date that doesn't matter"


So you think you're ready to
re-enter the dating scene? I
thought so too, but it seems
it's still the same.


So since my last break up, if you want to credit it a full relationship, I've gotten pretty nervous about re-entering the dating scene. For new comers to my blog, in the interest of time; the boy I had liked, and who had liked me back, for years finally asked me out earlier this year only to break up with me two days before I left for my job in London, Ontario. Let me tell you, there's much more juice in my previous blogs, then in that last sentence.
justAs a young city girl in my third year of University, I definitely enjoy having something stable in my life, like a man. Something tangible, that I know thinks of me differently in a way then my friends and family do. So, like any girl, I'm hoping my prince in vintage armour will come along, and 'touch my soul'. Well, let me tell you, going out to clubs and going on date's with the boy's you meet there, will not lead you along the path. And I knew and continue to know that, but I was subdued by the charming, criminal justice, rythmic moves of said boy just under two weeks ago. Sure, we danced the whole night; he bought the drinks; I took his number as his phone was broken; I left; he made me pinky swear to call him, and the night had thus ended with memories of a fantastic time and bruised feet.
a As promised, I took the first step and called him telling him I wouldn't be able to make it out the next night to which he invited me, to engage again in a night of dancing and drinking and yet another club he worked at. Sure, I thought it would end there, but to my surprise, Mr. Tall-Dark-and-Handsome-Basketball-Team-Member-Criminal-Justice-Major-Community-Lifeguard, called me the following day saying I owed him a date that following Friday since I "broke" his necklace with my long and apparently destructive hair. Unconvinced that this 'date' was going to occur, I continued to 'get excited' during our hour long conversations that continued every day throughout the rest of the week.
cityWe talked of our families, growing up, favorite foods, favorite music, favorite places to shop. We added each other to facebook and stalked one and other immensely, only to comment on pictures we thought we're "cute" and "fucking sexy." And so this continued until Friday where we met up and went to dinner and drinks. Naturally before, I bought a new outfit for a new fresh start on the dating scene. As for our date, he did all the right things; bought the first round of drinks, bought the movie tickets, called me his date when his boss asked him to work, put his arm around me in the line up, but his hand through mine at the bar, put his arm around me during the movie, stroked my arm, brushed his face against mine, gently kissed me--alright. We all know that isn't the truth, the last part I mean. We'll just say that, our lips interlocked for a length of time we'll say is irrelevant, for my sanity.
girlWe road the bus as far as we could together and as I rushed to get off at my stop, we hugged and he cooley winked and again the night had ended like the first night we met--minus the bruised feet. So all in all, I told myself it went well considering he had plenty of opportunity to bail out, but instead continued to make moves throughout the night.
on Feeling good the next morning, I got up to check my facebook, slash creep on my dates' page only to find that he didn't exist anymore. Logging into my best friends account--as we all have each others passwords for emergency purposes--I search his name only to find that his existence was only extinct on my account. I then realized that I hadn't gone on a date with a man, I had gone on a date with a boy. A boy who obviously didn't know how a date works and what not to do if you don't want to follow through with your datee'.
the I realized that my attachment to the first night we met, the conversations we had; the what-I-thought was a great date, to the maybe-this-has-potential, was nothing but my own head being distracted by nothing but a tall-dark-handsome and experienced card player. There was no turning back to the sequence of events that had been dealt; he wanted to cut me off because apparently our date had not been good enough to even keep me as a friend. I guess it's what boys do though right?
prwlUnfortunately, this not-so-storybook-ending stor, doesn't end there. Said boy called me Sunday morning, half asleep acting like nothing had happened since Friday. Upon asking about the deletion of Facebook; upon the continued lies he told me about de-activating it; upon me telling him I was able to see his page through my friends accounts; and upon him parting for work, he continued to lie which was the worst part. I couldn't understand the meaning of both his actions; the deletion and then the phone call as it wase an oxymoron within itself. The story ended right then and there and I was still convinced that he was just a boy.
boo!Whether or not it had potential to be something; whether or not I reacted 'wrongly', the ball was in his court. But I guess his basketball skills really aren't that great as his card playing skills.

For now this city girl, is on the prowl, though she's not looking for boys, she's looking for men. They just need to come out of hiding.

8 comments:

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

A heart is not a play thing,
a heart is not a toy,
but if you want it broken,
Just give it to a boy.

Boys they like to play with things
To see what makes them run,
But when it comes to kissing,
They do it just for fun.

Boys never give their hearts away.
They play us girls for fools,
They wait until we give our hearts,
And then they play it cool

You will wonder where he is at night,
You will wonder if he's true,
One moment you will be happy,
One moment you will be blue.

If you get a chance to see him
Your heart begins to dance
Your life revolves around him,
There's nothing like romance.
And then it starts to happen,
You worry day and night
You see, my friend, you're losing him
It never turns out right.

boys are great, though immature
The price you pay is high,
He may seem sweet and gorgeous
But remember, he's a guy.

Don't fall in love with just a boy
That takes alot of nerve.
You see, my friend, you need a man
To get what you deserve.

So when you think that you're in love,
Be careful if you can
Before you give your heart away
Make sure that he's a man.

-Author Unknown-

justchum said...

wow. thats beautiful. :D

Bharat said...

Yay! You're back! =)

But that absolutely sucks, although I admire you for not giving up... Don't lose hope, because sooner or later, you'll get what you want =)

justchum said...

yay im excited to catch up on your blog, one of which is top exclusive :o. Jelous.
And I hope sooner or later I'll get what I want, cause right now I'd like a new house, a new car, maybe a hot gardener. : P

NePaul Wilson said...

What a stupid prick....no really, does this boy have like a lack of brain cells or is he so stupid his brain has to choose between gasping for air from his mouth or nose? Honestly if someone is willing to give up a magnificent women like you, that's like giving up a queen with the world's largest jewels. I can't phantom such stupidity. I really hope you find someone who is going to treat you beautifully and like the royalty that you are, anything less than that is unacceptable. Many people today are more like parasites than people..it's a shame.

But you really do deserve someone special, but I already know you'll find them.

Mainframeguy said...

miss definitely maybe's comment goes down as the top one I have read to date!

I'm still confused as to whether you actually BOUGHT a dress though, but I still dispute the sentiment of the title - buy the new dress for YOURSELF and the date is a better excuse for the extravagance than many (excepting possibly a wedding to attend!).

justchum said...

half the pun: you're too sweet. haha. HOPEFULLY one day I'll find that special one, not in any rush really, but i won't lie when I say it would be damn nice right about now. But Im glad you agree on the whole prick move. I was like seriously? But yep. over an ddone with that boy

paul: ahah agrred. and yes i did end up buying a dress, shirt..more like a dress on me..bahah. but you're right. the dress shoud've been bought just for me, but I'll consider it as that right now, since Ive made much more efficient use out of it : )

NePaul Wilson said...

yeah I know how you feel, no rush, but it would be nice just to have someone to cuddle up next to you. I know I would. It gets rather lonely...

But all in due time, a beautiful woman like you deserves an equally beautiful man.