Saturday, April 19, 2008

Even just 1 hour. ....

So after a long couple weeks of studying at Country Style, Starbucks, Swiss Chalet and the Library, me and my best survived and made it to the start of our summer. Along the way of course, food and coffee became our companions and our only mean of staying awake and motivated. Among the coffee cups we drank from--which tallied to a couple dozen--and courtesy of Country Style, we had fancy cups with thought provoking  sayings; this one of which was my favorite. We pretty much sat there for a couple minutes talking about them, instead of studying. But like I said, this one was my favorite. 

 I thought about it long and hard when I got home, because at Country Style my response was White Ninja who I completely understand is a fictional comic character, but he totally fits my weirdness and laughs at anything according to his comics..though that might actually mean I'd rather have lunch with the creator of White Ninja. In any case, I thought about it long and hard. I thought first of a famous person that I'd want to have lunch with, and if I had to chose I'd probably say Audrey Hepburn, mainly because she's who I believe, embellishes true beauty and class. But then I thought I'd definitely rather have lunch with someone who meant something more to me, and I thought about my grandpa. 

My grandpa passed away when I was two, I think, so of course I really don't remember anything about him. I only know what I've seen in pictures and what my mom has told me. And from what she's told me he really seemed like the kind of person I'd want to re-meet at an age I'd actually remember. My mom loved him to death, obviously and to this day, little things remind her of him, and she always makes a point to tell me about the little things he used to do Things like warming up milk and cookies for her in the middle of the night, picking her up and purting her on his knee, singing to her in the morning. I only wish that I could've seen that, that I could've had that from him. Everyone always has grandpa and grandma stories, and for me, unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough for that. If he's anything like my mom, I'm pretty sure I'd fall in love with him and be that granddaughter who would go and make/eat breakfast (or lunch ; ) ) at his place every Saturday. 

From the pictures I've seen, his face has been filled with such grace, happiness and kindness. I remember once that I fell in love with a picture of my mom and him, so much so that I blew it up, with a poem (cheesy, I know) and gave it to her for mothers day. She was all dolled up (I think it was her wedding day) and she was hugging him and his face had the most peaceful smile. He was so proud of her and so filled with joy. 
 
I can't stress enough how much I wish I could've had that with her dad. I mean I love my dad to death, but I think knowing the rest of your family is such a lucky thing to have and for me, the only extended grandpas and grandmas I got to know, was my dad's mom, and now she's passed away too. 

I guess I just wish I had him as part of my life. Even for one day. One hour. It would be a pretty sweet hour and I'm pretty sure we'd get along great. It makes it worse too when Mom tells me that he'd fall in love with me, and that I'd make him proud. Though, I guess things are the way they are for a reason. 

Anyways, thats who I would want to have lunch with. What about you chums? Who in the "whole-wide-world" would you want as a lunch date ? Ms. Piggy? John Lennon? Your great, great, great grandma?


Until the mind rumbles next, watch the geese and make some toast. 
cheers. 

6 comments:

Laura said...

This reminds me of the question "if you could talk with someone dead or alive who would it be?" One of those questions where people try to come up with the most impressive answers to make everyone oo and ahh. All i would ask for is someone i would have a good time with. Thats why i liked what you had to say.

Unknown said...

For me it would be my brother-in-law. He was killed by a drunk driver when he was 16, and my husband was only 3. I've heard he was full of life and personality, and was a lot of fun to be around. We named our son after him. I'd love to see if my son is anything like his uncle.

Check out my blog www.ordinarymarvels.blogspot.com.

Bharat said...

Wow.. I really have no idea... I guess I haven't decided... and I don't want to either.. dunno why..

your grandpa seems like he was the coolest... :)

jeff said...

Too many people who I'd like to meet. I'd have to make a list of the top people, haha I always have a top 5 or 10 or whatever. I can't really decide on just one of anything.

Keaira said...

Ewan McGregor... i would teach him to surf, and he would teach me how to speak like a lass of the highlands, at the end of our lunch we would ride off into the sunset on motorbikes while he serenades me with songs from Moulin Rouge....


fabulous darling

(lol i said darling... whoresome!)

wcgillian said...

Wow, very well done! Makes one think. You mentioned Audry Hepburn. My closest friends got to know her pretty well on the set of the movie, "Always." She was a real wonderful person according to them. She was the last of real class acts!

For me, it would have to be Abe Lincoln.

RJ