Friday, April 25, 2008

And it is...

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about how growing up things have changed, we've both evolved, gained things; and lost things, and it got me thinking to what one thing I used to have that I don't anymore.

It also got me thinking, that it is really hard to narrow it down to one thing. I mean, I'd love to have the original Super Nintendo, with the Duck Hunt game and the classic Mario game, but I'm pretty sure we got rid of that when I was like..8, maybe.

At this point too, I'd also like to have the old gas prices we used to, back when I was a kid and exepensive would be like 52 cents, but knowing the era we live it now it'll never happen again.

Mmmm. I guess I could say that (as cheesy as it sounds) I kid of wish I still had that family bond I used to. I mean, I guess we, and by "we" I mean my family in general. We're all older now and be being the youngest, Im still a homebody, as much as I can't wait to move out, but my older sisters, kind of have a life of their own, an attitude of their own, and a superiority complex of their own, and I guess I miss being the youngest, and being really young cause those we're probably some of the best times I shared with my sisters.

Stupid things like burrying eachother in the sand, or me being the little sister they play pranks on, or whatever. Adulthood (ugh.) is great and everything with the whole "independence" shiz, but sometimes I want to go back to being like 7, and me and my sisters throwing our own basement fashion shows and fighting over the last slice of pizza. Now, its no fun, we all just give up the slice of pizza to eachother!

I know its a part of life, but sometimes growing up and changing, can suck!

What about you guys? Whats one (even though I obviously put more) thing that you used to have, that you don't anymore?

Alright, until next time mates, don't let them kids eat all the junkfood and wash those hubcaps!

Cheers:)

7 comments:

Rainman said...

Two things.....street basketball, and the time to spend a whole day doing nothing at all, without having to worry about the money inflow! ;-) Maybe that's 3 things!

justchum said...

hahaha! touche

Anonymous said...

more family time. Definitely!

Seeker said...

For me , it would be innocence : that thing we all lose sometimes because of parents or time . For me...it was lost a little bit too early...and I want that back :P of course..being ignorannt is also something I wish I could be...because being adult suck big time !

secret blogger said...

The idea that life is easy. *sigh* As a child you think that being in your twenties is old. I thought at this point in my life I would be MUCH further than I actually am. Oh dear...

Bharat said...

Innocence definitely.. or a sense of wonderment... I used to be in continual awe at a lot of things until a little while ago... guess that's growin up... :(

justchum said...

@brat: definitely agree with you!!

@qps: family time , im beginning to appreciate so much more too!!

@seeker: innocence is so great..sigh. When I was a kid, thats what i was : ( no more.

@secret blogger: hehehe. aw.