Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Respect that .

"Number 77........number 78..............79.........80...." 

I went to the hospital with my dad today cause he needed to get a blood test and I well I was just bothered by a couple things. Or, I guess they just stood out in my crazy mind. 

Dad had to get a blood test in the hospital downtown, since he had a small surgery there a couple weeks and well we go and I sit down while he goes to the reception to check in and comes back with a number. A black piece of plastic with the number 77 on it. Next to me, there were other patients with different numbers, many of them with numbers before 77. We didn't really wait long, that wasn't the problem. I guess the problem was that it bothered me how patients, rather people were being represented by numbers. I know it is probably more efficient, and all that bullshit, but it all feels so...cold. I mean, in a hospital people feel SO vulnerable as is and to not be represented as people, but numbers makes things so impersonal. 

Shit, I don't even think its logical for it to bother me, but I mean it does. And it scares me because because my parents are getting older and as much as I try to be there, it scares me to think how they'll be treated when I can't be around. I don't want these stupid hospital workers poking and prodding at them, and at him, like he's nothing. Sigh. It just really bothered me and I really felt like taking my dads arm and leaving. I guess thats love though right? I just want him to be treated wonderfully. ...

Anyways, I guess I'll tell you about the McDonalds thing. We'll the whole family has been on this new regime of eating, eating better, though as mentioned before, dads the only one who really had to join the rest of us. But, anyways he felt like spoiling himself today, and after a couple months of not eating any fast food, I thought he deserved it. So, we go to McDonalds and from the time we were at the end of the line, to the time where we made our order, there was a group of family (looked like a mother and two older daughters) complaining. Their first complaint was that the burger on their Big Mac wasn't straight. So, the manager gave them a new burger post their complaint. The second complaint was that their fries we're getting "cold" (even though they ate half while waiting for their food), so again the manager threw out their two orders of fries and gave them a new set. Then, they went further to complain that their chicken sandwich was going to get cold if the Big Mac did not get there in 20 seconds. So, of course, they gave them ANOTHER chicken sandwich. 

That's two meals thrown out. It just really bothered me how rude they we're to the employees at McDonalds, at MCDONALDS. You get what you pay for and I mean are you seriously going to get angry about a burger not being straight on your bun? They have hands, they can fix it, if they can eat it. And, thats exactly it, they're going to eat it..what the hell does it matter if its not centered. Sigh. I guess its just a huge respect thing and I can't understand how people can be SO disrespectful. 

Bah. Those people can go suck a lemon. If I wasn't composed (bahaha) and polite..I would've given them the lemon myself. 

Anyways, I know I've been SO undedicated to my blog lately..I've had a lot of things on my mind..er which I guess means I really should be bloggin'..but ehn. 

Until the motor stops running, sleep well on that daisy. 

4 comments:

Keaira said...

ahahahah undedicated, undedicated, again i laugh: ahahah.... my friend, rest your head, my blog has not seen a blog since, what?... december... january... siiigh, tis a shame, but alas... *Sings* Siiiilver Liiiining *end song* so long as there are hopeless bloggers such as i in the world, you can nerver ever ever ever be undedicated to your blog!

omg that family at Maccas sounds SO ridiculously obnoxious! AND who the hell looks hard enough at their burger and then judges.. NO analyses the horizontal alignment of their meat patty??? .... craaaazy ppl... thats who.. no,... people who aren't hungry enough.. if you';re looking at it, you're not eating, and if you're not eating, you're not hungry.. so that burger = indulgence = gluttony = sinner = i actually have a Biology exam to study for


TTFN my friend

keep blogging, and btw im loving the random bursts of aussie "cheers mate" at teh end of some of ur blogs... we "koala bums" - as i like to refer to us (i so don't.. but whatever) down here appreciate the reference..

xoxo

Keaira

Tairebabs said...

Truly that family at Maccas were silly! I mean its a BBBUUUURRGGGER! Who on earth analysis a burger.

The number thingy at the hospital, yes I guess that's everywhere now. It really is cold especially if you are really sick. But I guess it is a means to ensure order. Hope they find another way though. Nice blog!

Bharat said...

I know what you mean when you refer to the people and numbers thing... It bothers me sometimes, but I generally put it away in my mind because, well... I'm sort of a sucker for organization... and numbers are the most organized thing in the universe... you're probably thinking I'm a cold heartless person now.. hmm

Ah, respect... funny you mention it when it's been playing around on my mind lately... And I will strike (where strike means blog) again soon... just as soon as I stop being lazy..

justchum said...

@ keira: awww!! Im glad to see your back, I thought you might've ran off with a roo or something, for which i'd be oh so jealous!! And i completely agree about the burger man, if you're hungry, you seriously wouldn't check the alignment, pfft, who does!!
gl on your exam!!

Cheers mate ; )

@ tairebabe: hahaa, stupid people analyze a burger i guess!! haha. And thanks for checking out my blog : )

@ brat: I don't think you're cold hearted!!! dont worry!!! I will still enjoy your bloggin and stalk it. dun dun. Sigh. Organization sucks though!!
:D