Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Green P, saves the day.

So I definitely have not posted in a couple days. I was going to post last night, but then I got caught up watching Sex and the City (ugh..yes I am one of those girls..BUT only recently). In any case, my life has not been that exciting the past few days other than the odd walk to Starbuck's and batting golf balls in the park with some chums. 

I guess today was a little more interesting. The mom and I decided to go down to St. Lawrence Market, which is a little (well not really little) market in downtown Toronto where vendors sell everything from meat to cheese, to jewelry and more meat. Can't complain, I do love my meat and cheese. But anyways before actually being able to go food shopping, we needed to park. Luckily (or so we thought) there was a parking lot right across from the market asking for flat rate of 7 dollars. We decided it was a pretty alright deal, so we parked the car and went to the window to pay. There was a woman who was in charge..and well I can only describe her by one word: Bleep. That's right. Feel free to interpret that bleep in anyway you wish, as long as it has a negative connotation. I thought it might be more fun and creative for you to decide on the bleep then me saying it right out loud. But anyways, here is how the conversation went:

Me: "How much is parking?"

Her: "9 dollarz"

Me: "We'll I only have 7"

Her: (shrugs) "9 dollarz"

Me: "Well your sign says 7, its deceiving"

Her: "It iz not dezcieving. How zee hell is it dizcieving?" 

Me: "Um.. well your sign says 7 dollars and you're asking for 9"

Her: "Noh. The zign zays 7.46 plus tax. Where you go where they charge no tax? NO WHERE. Maybe you can go to zee other parking lot if you have a problem"

Me: "Maybe I will."

And I did. And I only had to pay 4 dollars. Thats right lady, if you're reading this, which you're probably not cause you're trapped in your stupid little box with your stupid little attitude, I went to the other parking lot, and paid less than half of what you decided you wanted to charge, thank you very much. 

Anyways, so the other parking lot is Green P, which I now love. I felt pretty good too cause there was a lady whose credit card wasn't being accepted by the machine, so I gave her change, a whole 3 dollars.  I'd say it was a pretty good Samaritan act. So, we were parked, happy and now it was time to go shop for meat, and cheese, and more cheese. Final tally was 50 bucks worth of food. But let me tell you what we got:

Herb and Garlic Havarti: totally melts in your mouth. 

Brie Cheese: mmm..so smooth. 

Cream Cheese with Chives: delicious. 

Olives stuffed with red pepper and feta cheese: Also VERY good. 

Capriollo: haven't tried that one, but dad loves it. 

Rosemary Ham: One word: heaven.

Sundried Tomato Turkey:  also heaven. 

4 hazelnut Truffles: worth the money.

All in all it was a pretty good fetch of food, definitely gonna dig into it tonight, as a midnight snack. Also, I've decided that when I move out of the house my downtown location will be around that area. I wanna be able to wake up in the afternoon, and go get some fresh fruit and cheese. I'll go every week and be recognized by all the little vendors who will know my "usual." That is my plan. OH and also, I've decided that when I do graduate, Im going to Australia to work (my Australian blogger of a friend will like this part). SO excited. 

Well I think thats all the interesting things I have to stay.."interesting." But if all of you are in the Toronto area (which first means you would have to be in Canada) go to St. Lawrence Market for some good fresh eatin.' OH and then go to Kensington Market for some good deals on original jewelry, clothing, oh and yes, there are more cheese and meat shops there too. 

Until the phone rings, go drink that glass of water and bake a pie. 
Cheers mates .


5 comments:

Bharat said...

'tis quite interesting actually :)

why australia though? I'm only asking because everybody seems to be rushing off to Australia nowadays...

justchum said...

Thats a good question actually. I dunno. I guess I just hear how beautiful it is, and it would be nice to go somewhere, for the first time, where someone spoke your language...and my friend went there , and I saw pictures and it was gorgeous. Oh and definitely for the males with accents, definitely a plus. OH and the kangaroos.

Anonymous said...

Well Done with that parking lady! This was such a funny post! =) heheh

secret blogger said...

This made me laugh. I would like to find this parking lady and laugh in her face! And good samaritan work! :)

justchum said...

@qps" thanks:D id like to think of myself as a highly skilled parking spot finder, sometimes.

@ secret blogger: if you find her, i'll join you :D