Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Do I call you babe now?

Jack said what I've been wanting to hear, what I've been hoping to hear: He likes me : ). 

I feel like such a school girl. I mean I know we both liked each other, but we felt like keeping things the way they were would be best; on a physical basis. Though that was more him than me--I was too much of a chicken shit to say how I really felt though... But then, the other day he told me how he was kidding himself in thinking he didn't like me. 

Obviously my first reaction was to call my best and tell her the conversation we had, since I was literally at a loss for words and apparently he was too. Me talking to my best meant leaving him hanging after he said: I've been thinking I really like you, for a whole 7 minutes. Shit, I thought. I mean, I didn't want him thinking I was freaking out, which I was, but he wasn't allowed to know!

When I say freaking out, I don't mean that I was scared of his forwardness; it was more like me being scared of opening myself up and saying how I actually felt. It was weird though because it was a really delicate conversation. We both put our feelings out there and we we're like trying to figure out what's next, like if we should actually try out a relationship. 

Thing is, he said the last time we we're together, that it felt right. God was I glad to hear that, only because it what I was thinking the whole time. Yeah, I felt crappy about me being a vending machine he snacks on, but the fact that he said it felt right, really makes me think that he wants more than that. 

Thing is, Jack lives to hours away and none of us have our own places. Living with my parents, I know that the rents would flip if I had a guy stay over. Im not sure what the situation is with him, whether if I went up if I would be welcomed by his parents to stay a couple days. But the long distance thing is definitely going to make it difficult. It's thrilling to think that we're dating, but its conflicting cause its like as tangible as it isn't. For example, the other night when we had that conversation, he drove two hours in the middle of the night cause he needed to see me. As great as that is, it scares me because I'm going to get to the point where I want to see him when I want but cause the distance is an issue it makes things that much harder. 

There's potential to make it work, with me being able to stay with him on my days off from my camp job, if his parents permit. It's only been a couple days so I'm not going to over-analyze. Im gonna live in the moment and I am going to enjoy the ride. What's most important to me, is that he let his feelings spill and knowing how a person feels about you can be the greatest prize of all. 

Take a dive to cool your skin
Cheers mates. 

3 comments:

Akshay said...

Long distance stuff is really tricky!! But I guess the best way indeed is to take it slow....

Deleted said...

I love the way you write. And I know where you're coming from when you say you feel like a school girl. That feeling is wonderful, isn't it?

Keep up the great writing.

Bharat said...

i was in a long distance relationship until very recently... just be greatful you don't have the English Channel, the middle east, and Pakistan separating you from yours :) oh. and throw in a desert and a few mountains...

Anyway... One thing is for certain... it changes a lot of your perspective and it can have a major plus/minus effect on your relationship with him.. so just be sure that this is what you want...