Saturday, May 17, 2008

Person to Person


It's amazing what a small world it is and it's amazing how many people we meet over our life time. Walking down the streets, it's likely you'll run into someone you've seen before, met before, or can consider yourself as "knowing them." 

I've been thinking about how people think about others, when they think about them, and why. I don't think I speak for myself when I say that I think of certain people more than others and at particular times and situations. That got me thinking further; Does every person have a person?

What I mean by that is that I have someone I think about, a lot. I think about that person when Im eating my lunch, wondering what they're doing. I think about that person as Im typing this blog. I think about that person when Im listening to music and walking down the street. If I have a person I'm thinking about, am I somebody's person? Do I have a person who thinks of me the way I think of my person?

Say my little hypothetical theory/question was true, and every person had a person; wouldn't it be nice to know whose person you were and when and what they were thinking about you? But then again, what if you weren't someone's person? Does that mean you're not special enough? That there's not something great enough about you to be in someone's thoughts?

On another note; I don't think the idea of being somebody's someone or having a someone is fixed. I think its ever changing and changes at different parts of your life. 

I guess another question is; what makes a person special enough to be that person?

Cheers mates!

3 comments:

Tairebabs said...

Humm..interesting point...I really wonder whose person I am? lol.

On a more serious note, I think we all have different people who are our person in quote. I mean when I write my blog as well I think about a couple of people and when I do certain things like think about what to wear in the morning, I have a certain someone I think about.

Would love to know whose person I am...at least for awhile.

Bharat said...

I personally would NOT like to know whose person I am... even though I probably do already know, it just takes the fun out of everything....

sort of like crushes that become something else without enough 'chase', if you know what I mean... no excitement.. :)

Da Rodent said...

hmmm...