Sunday, May 11, 2008

the people you meet downtown

The people you meet in downtown Toronto are interesting. Interesting is a good word to sum up the weirdos, the creeps, the freaks and the o.k. ones. 

My two bests and I decided that Wednesday was a good night to party. Why? Well because its the middle of the week and we all weren't working the next day. What's more fun?

So, naturally we pre-drink: 
9:30; p.m. we start
10:30; we're not done. 
11:30; we jump on the subway and header downtown. 

During the subway ride the alcohol started kicking and we all had to use the bathroom. I'd say something like pee like a race horse to really describe the urgency of our situation,  but that's not lady like. Anyways, you get the idea. We'll with our luck there were no bathrooms at our stop and being a Wednesday night and after 12, all coffee shops, most bars, fast food places and the like were closed. All of us moaned in grouchiness since we all were in desperate need for bathroom utilities, that we contemplated using the streets. Course there are many problems with that:

a) totally not brave enough to do that
b) didn't want to get a ticket, with the many cops down in downtown toronto hiding behind bushes. 
c) Gross. 

Luckily we found a bar that was open, ran in only to be stopped by the bouncer at the front who checked our ID's. Done and done; we all ran downstairs to use the utilities. What's funny about that bar is that it's the same bar we went to for one of our birthdays, in which we borrowed each other's Id's at the same time, right after each other. How it worked; no idea. We all look nothing alike. But in any case it worked.  

Moving on to the actual title of the blog; the people you meet downtown are damn interesting. The first group of guys we met seemed to be from everywhere but the city. Im talking about 3 lovely gentlemen from Britain (gorgeous); a group from Orlando on Vacation and I think one from like Pittsburgh. Though I could be completely lying about the last one  cause my memory ain't fresh. 

There was another group in the second room of the club; big group of friends (a few were actually from the city and then some from outside the city) decided that us three were going to be "their" girls. By that I mean, they bought us drinks. Lots. I guess they were friends with the bartender or had connections cause the bartender kept lining shots and drinks up for us, courtesy of them; I of course didn't mind, after having to pay 20 dollars cover. A night of free drinks would be something anyone would love. 

Course I was watchful of roofies. Anyways, they we're probably few of the less 'interesting' guys, which was definitely a good thing. Though there was some weirdo who had his hair all emo-fied and gave me his business card to his hair salon. He said he'd make a special appointment for me. What the hell does that mean. At that point I walked away. 

The night was ending and we were talking to the bouncers when this one old guy walks up to my friend and asks if she smokes weed. My friend never having done so, said no. He further went to ask if we smoked weed and she replied that we had but don't do it on a regular basis. He offered going back to his place to "smoke some weed." Many problems with that; seriously we're not going back to your old ass place and we're not those type of girls. 

So, at that point we decided it was time to leave. Naturally after a night on the town we get street meat. Nothing beats good ol' vendor dogs. Being our first time to that club, we decided to ask these two fellows (who we thought we're cute at first. Tall, dark and handsome) if they knew where a hot dog stand was. Im talking to the one guy and this is how the conversation goes:

Me: "hey do you know where a hot dog stand is"
Him: (I swear)
Me: "Excuse me? Don't even say what you're thinking"
Him: "What am I thinking?"
Me: "I don't even wanna know"
Him: "Do you want to give me something??"
Me: "Uhm. No."

For some reason we proceeded with them as they offered to walk us to the one on Queen St. 
They seemd nice, except for that one loser comment, but I was still a bit tipsy which meant that I brushed it off. So we're walking and it seems Queen St. is never going to come but finally it comes. My two friends got their dogs and Im getting mine. Mind you this hot dog stand SUCKED. It didn't have any of the fixins. All it had was ketchup, mustard and bbq sauce. I was hungry though, so the BBQ sauce did. While I'm paying, my friends chatting with the one brother and all of a sudden I hear her say: 

"Uhm. No. I don't know what you're thinking, but we're not those kind of girls. So you guys should just go."

After them leaving, we asked her what happened. Turns out he asked if all three of us wanted to go back to his apartment to get it on with him and his brother. What the hell. Seriously?

Up until that point, the night was pretty stellar. 

But seriously, the people you meet downtown are either weirdos, creeps, freaks or losers. 

Until those balloons stop popping, clean that window. 

Cheers mates. 

5 comments:

Bum Atom said...

toronto at night! guys are all the same girls who do cocaine are they those types of girls? man i'd go for a good dog right about now

Anonymous said...

Waow! That's some experience hahah..! I ve met interesting people, and creeps.. but your story beats it all I guess! =)

And by the way, I am back to the blog world now..hahah

Bharat said...

I've had ONE hot dog in my entire life... I mean like a real american hot dog... man.. nothing beats it...

how are your hot dog stands open at one in the night?!

Akshay said...

Some experience....Have not gone out in some time now.... I guess may be this weekend!!

justchum said...

@taxitalk: those type of girls, I just mean, I guess the adventurous ones. I've got no problem with them, Im just not one of them. And mm a good dog is crucial to ending off a good night.

Qps: Yeah. it was quite the interesting night. You should blog about your interesting, and creepy people, its good to know Im not alone in a world of weirdos.

bharat: Mm. So good. Canadian hot dogs ..mm. Though I'd have to agree, in the States in Atlantic city, the board walk, big foot long hot dogs.. SOOO good. Oh and hot dog stands stay open like alllll night. Cause the clubbing district goes on until about 3, then you've got the hungry clubbers wondering around. MMM