Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Eye see nothing.

I hate optometrist appointments. I had one today, cause I'm far-sighted, well..which ever is the one where you can't see far away. Anyways, mainly an issue for university lectures. Oh, and I have a random frekle on my eye, which they are careful in watching..I guess. In any case, I had one today scheduled for 2:15. I got there 20 minutes early and by 2:15 the doctor called my name, telling me to go to room number 2. So I did. 

Anyways, the main doctor I guess put an eye-drop in each eye, without warning me. Kind of sudden, I'd say. So the first set of eye drops made my eyes feel like they had coins embedded in the lids, which wasn't helped by her shining lights into my eyes. 

She had a resident student who was there to learn and she kept asking me if it was alright that he took a look in my eye. She started quizzing him on things about this random freckle and he was getting the wrong answers I guess. Anyways, he asked me if it was okay to look in my eye and I was like Sure why not. I thought I'd make a joke, so I said; It'll be like an episode of Greys Anatomy where the resident has to guess the medical symptoms. I thought it was funny. The student thought it was funny, but the little arrogant main optometrist didn't. 

I guess you can't win them all. 

Point of the story: I had two more sets of drops, to dilate my pupils, bothered the hell out of me once I hit outside, the sun light and junk. Oh and I looked like I had smoked a splif. 

Fun eh?

Until the wagon stops rolling, catch those apples. 

Cheers mates. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I always find eye-checkups really funny. My reflex is pretty fast and everytime they try to dilate my pupils, a lot of it actually ends up in my ears!

Akshay said...

The joke part about the "episode of Greys Anatomy" is really funny....I can.. kinda visualize the doctor's face...

justchum said...

@ qps: aawww, eye drops as ear drops! my reflexes are pretty bad, it took a couple attempts to actually get them in my eye, which may mean they should NOT be there.
p.s. im waiting for your next post!!

@ akshay: well im glad you find it funny too! it was funny, but i guess the doctor was too cool. sigh.

Bharat said...

My vision is perfect.. thank you very much...

actually it's not, and i refuse to go to the optometrist (if that's really what you want to call him..)... And I just know i'll have problems with university lectures and the driving test and what not... If Harry Potter was a magician... why didn't he just get rid of his eye problem.. like he regrew his arm?