Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The People You Meet Uptown

The people you meet uptown are apparently the same as the ones you meet downtown; interesting. Though this time the word interesting includes: asshole behavior (can i even say asshole?)

So the other night me and four of my girlfriends were coming back from somewhere--can't remember from where--but we decided to hit up good ol' fatty Mc'Ds. It was like 12:08 at this point which meant that the dine in part of the restaurant was closed and Kelsey had to use to the bathroom, really badly. We saw a group of kids sitting at a booth by the window, and I use the term kids to describe their behavoir, cause they were definitely old enough in age to have not acted the way they did. 

Anyways, Kelsey had to go to the bathroom and the doors were locked, so we started to signal to the group of kids that she had to go use the loo. We did everything from making the letter P with our fingers, mouthing it, acting it out. They totally understood too, but were playing stupid and shrugging their shoulders laughing. So we figured we'd type it in our phone and put it up against the window. 

We wrote: Bathroom. Open the door please?
They wrote back: Cop a squat. Then proceeded to laugh and ignore us. 

We started banging on the door and the manager finally noticed us and let us in after merciless begging. So while we were waiting, the kids came out and it went like this:

Us: Wow. Thanks for the help. 
Girl A: Awwkwarrrd. 
Guy A: Uhh what. I didn't understand what you were saying. 
Us: We texted it. 
Guy A: Oh. Well I was like why would 4 girls have to go to the bathroom.
Us: There's 5 of us. 

End of story. We went to our car, they went to there's. We wanted to flip out at how arrogant, rude and immature they were, but we're not the kind. They must've been high school students because as University students ourselves, I've never seen that from people our age, or I would never think to do that. 

I mean, to be rude and immature like that is really unnecessary. Even high school students should be mature enough to open the door instead of acting stupid. I'd give them kudos if they tried and the manager wouldn't let them, but don't just sit there and laugh and think you're better than us, cause you're not. If we had done the same to them, we'd not be better, but the fact that we wouldn't do something like that, that's what makes us better. 

Grr. The thing that makes it worse, is that the bathroom is a very personal thing. If a girls gotta go, she's gotta go. For all you gents out there, I'm sure its a hell of a lot easier to get your business done without a toilet, but for us, it ain't. 

Anyway's the people you meet uptown are no different from the people you meet downtown, they're all interesting. 

All in all, I tried to think back to when I was in high school and I really hope I never did anything like that. 

Until next time, chose those chocolates wisely, cause you never know what's inside. 
Cheers mates!

10 comments:

Akshay said...

I believe people should act courteous all the time…. No matter what…

undercover said...

I agree..

Anonymous said...

Ah I've missed a lot of your posts! I swear it's unintentional! Anyway I live with high school students and I can NOT understand some of the things they do.. I guess we learn with age..Maybe we were like them before as well

NePaul Wilson said...

had it been me...I would have peed on their door, but that is a unruly and asshole action of them to take, well one day when they really have to go there won't be a bathroom and their bladders will shrink then explode and their only have themselves to blame.

Tairebabs said...

Hi againstthegrain, sorry to do this to you, but you have been TAGGED! lol.

More details on my blog.

Akshay said...

againstthegrain: Tairebabs Tagged me too, now I don't know if two people can tag the same person....I guess It should work fine....You have been TAGGED again!! Check my blog too!!

Bharat said...

ey :) sorry, I thought I read this post, and now I realise that I haven't :)

And I've NEVER used a public restroom, unless it's in an airplane, or a train or whatever... I'd just rather go everywhere with an empty bladder. Plus we don't have doors :P

Ah... how life is just without complications when you're a guy...

I despise orange flavored chocolate...

Anonymous said...

Long time no updates? err by your standards at least!

I miss you! =) write something sooon!

justchum said...

@Akshay: Yeah I completely agree. Its so much easier to be nice and courteous, then to go out of your way to not be.

@undercover: thanks

@Qps: Awww. haha its okay, I need to catch up on your posts too, which I will do momentarily. Yeah its weird to look at highschool students in wonderment of why the hell they do what they do. I really do hope we weren't like that.

@half the fun: mm peeing on their door would've been an option had I been a guy..and yes karma will come back and slap them in the face for sure. Exploding bladders though eh, thats pretty intense karma!

@tairebabs: haha thanks : P

@bharat: You've never used a public restroom : o! Empty bladders are so hard to maintain! I get so thirsty! Sigh.

Da Rodent said...

I hope you know that not all guys like the idea of peeing on the road.. :P